[Series] Lies of the Accounting Industry: #1 – Charge What You’re Worth
I’m kicking off a new series of episodes, Lies of the Accounting Industry.
What I want to do in this series of episodes is bring up these mindset challenges, pieces of dogma, myths and so on, that I think are problematic and that have infiltrated the industry and the thinking.
So let’s start with number one, charge what you are worth.
The MAIN problem:
- Your prices are (almost entirely) not about you
- Your prices are about the buyer
- Your prices are about the value you help the buyer create when working together
Instead, ask these questions to establish and increase value:
- What are your objectives with this project?
- Why use outside help, vs doing it internally?
- Why now? – Why change accountants now? Why are cashflow forecasts important now, relative to a year ago when you did not have them?
- Why me?
If you would like help beginning the transition to value-based fees, reach out! Book a 15-minute session with me.
Just like you’re helping your clients, I am here to serve and support you.
Connect with me through my homepage, https://shethinksbigcoaching.com and click the CONTACT tab or SCHEDULE TIME WITH ME button to get started.
Work with Geraldine: