[Mindset] Are You Good Enough? Are You Sure? with Jodi Flynn
Today’s guest is Jodi Flynn of Women Taking the Lead podcast. We talk about about all things not good enough, which a lot of women are struggling with.
“I’m not a good enough mom/wife/business owner.” “I’m not smart enough.”
Overcoming “Not Good Enough”
How do you overcome “I’m not good enough?” You just have to be aware of it, see it for what it is. It’s your Inner Critic telling you you’re not good enough to do this or have this.
You don’t need others’ permission to move forward. The only person you need permission from is yourself. You have to give yourself permission to just be good enough.
Think of all the behaviors you display or the lack of actions you take because you don’t feel good enough to take them. What is this costing you in your life? What are all the things you’ve done or not done as a result of not feeling good enough?
Call to Action and Main Takeaways
Here’s our call to action for our listeners: Will you give yourself permission to believe that you are just good enough exactly as you are?
One of my main takeaways was to continue to be a keen observer of all the different slippery and clever ways that believing not enough plays out in my clients’ lives and businesses.
Questions to Ask Yourself
Here are questions to help yourself when you’re caught in the line of I’m not good enough thinking:
- What do I need to believe instead? Or what do I want to believe instead?
- What if I believe the opposite of what I’m currently believing?
- What would happen right now if I changed this line of thinking?
- If I fully 100% believed in myself what would be different?
- When you envision the person you want to be, the person that you’re becoming, imagine yourself getting really angered on who that person is, and ask her what does she believe about herself.
- If you’re really stuck doubting yourself: List out 10 ways that you are exactly enough.
- What in this moment will I choose to believe?
I’m curious to know what your main takeaways were and what you got out of this episode. I hope you’ll share on the She Thinks Big Facebook group page.
Lightning Strategy Sessions go up in price on May 1st. Lightning Strategy Sessions are great for solving 1 to 2 big problems that are in your way in your business. You can also clarify your priorities and create a plan that works for you. To know more, click on Strategy Session under the Work with Me tab on this website.
Connect With Jodi:
Website: Women Taking the Lead
Work with Geraldine: