How to Design Better Workflows in Your Business
Today’s guest is David Cristello, Founder & CEO of Jetpack Workflow, which empowers thousands of accounting firm owners to build a better firm through managing all their client work in a single, easy to use application.
He’s also the host of the “Growing Your Firm” podcast, an interview series that highlights best practices and trends in team management, metrics, M&A, marketing and more. David is also the co-author of the best selling book “Double Your Accounting Firm“. His work has been featured in Forbes, AccountingToday, and AccountingWeb.
I put a question out to my audience last week about – without downplaying the seriousness of this crisis – what are the gifts to you in this time.
And without a doubt, the single biggest gift people mentioned was time.
More time with family + kiddos,
More time to take a step back and reevaluate priorities
Take care of projects around the house
Take care of projects in your business.
So I thought now would be a good time to share this episode with David Cristello, and talk about how to design better workflows in your business.
Designing better workflows can help you:
- Save time and reduce redundancy
- Create a better quality product
- More consistent product – when everyone in the office does it the same way
- Scale more easily
- Be more profitable.
These are my key takeaways from our conversation:
- Document all versions of the existing process as it currently exists, by all people
- What can we remove
- What needs editing or updating
- What needs adding
- That designing workflows is not one-and-done. You can revisit and improve workflows over time.
- To keep it simple, and
- To include your client’s experience in the process.
Jetpack Workflow Blog: Strategies for Growing Your Firm
Double Your Accounting Firm: Lessons Learned on How Top Firms Grow Faster, Build Stronger Teams, and Increase Profit
Download ebook: “6 Simple Steps to Double Your Revenue”
Work with Geraldine: